Edit Content
Edit Content

Information Related To Foreigner Regional Registration

Education is a gift that keeps on giving.
General information related to foreigner regional registration
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to comply with all the visa/foreigner registration or other formalities as defined by the Govt. of India/ Govt. of Tamil Nadu/Institution/ any other authority from time to time thus it is advised to visit Ministry of External Affairs website regularly to avoid any legal complication and hassles.
Visa Extensions
  •  First extension on Employment and Business visa is granted by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Foreigner’s Division, Jaisalmer House, 26, Man Singh Road New Delhi.
  •  However, FRROs/FROs cum Superintendent of Police, can grant three months extension in anticipation on production of relevant documents and simultaneously send the case for the consideration to MHA.
  •  On approval of the MHA, FRROs/FROs cum Superintendent of Police, can endorse rest of the 9 months extension.
  •  Subsequent extensions, on yearly basis for next 4 more years can be granted by FRROs/FROs cum Superintendent of Police (Except in case of citizens of China and Sri Lanka).
  •  No, change of original company by a foreigner who has come to India on employment visa is not allowed on the same visa.
  •  The foreigner is generally required to go back to his own country and come to India again on a fresh visa.
  •  However, in deserving cases and on satisfaction the Ministry of Home Affairs, Foreign Division, Jaisalmer House, 26, Man Singh Road New Delhi is competent to permit such change.
  •  They are granted ‘entry’ (X) type of visa with a validity co-terminus with the validity of the visas of their spouses or for such shorter period as required or considered necessary by the Visa issuing authority.
  •  However, on every approved visa extension of a foreigner on Business and Employment visa, their spouse and children can seek visa extension on co-terminus basis.
  •  FRROs can convert visa and grant extension of stay to foreign students studying up to 12th(A Level) standard, whose parents are of Indian origin or whose parents are Indian nationals on a year-to- year basis. Same facility is also available for children of foreigners residing in India on long-term basis (studying up to 12th(A Level) Standard) on valid visas such as Employment, Business, Research, Entry Student etc.
  •  However, in all other categories FRROs/FROs cum Superintendent of Police cannot change the category of visa.

  •  No, Transit visa cannot be extended or converted into another visa.
  •  However, the Ministry of Home Affairs, Foreign Division, Jaisalmer House, 26, Man Singh Road New Delhi, can do it on satisfaction in exceptional cases.
  •  No, FRROs/FROs cum Superintendent of Police cannot condone overstay in case of Transit visa.
  •  However, in exceptional cases and on satisfaction only the Ministry of Home Affairs, Foreign Division, Jaisalmer House, 26, Man Singh Road New Delhi is competent to condone the same.

  •  FRROs/FROs cum Superintendent of Police can regularize overstay up to three months beyond the validity of original visa (excluding tourist visa) in case of reasonable grounds of delay. However, an overstay fee of US$ 30 (equivalent INR amount as per the prevailing exchange rate) is charged.
  •  Apart from this, visa extension fee is also charged which varies from country to country.
An amount in Indian Rupees equivalent to US $30 (equivalent INR amount as per the prevailing exchange rate) plus regular fees for extension (Relevant visa fees as per duration of stay and type) is charged.
In such case a foreigner should obtain a fresh short-term visa from Indian Mission abroad to enter into India after expiry of initial 3 months. If the foreigner does not obtain fresh visa and comes to India after expiry of his regular extension, then he/she would be treated as entering India without visa.
It is mandatory for all international students to register themselves with local FRRO, within 14 days of their arrival in India (arrival date mentioned on Visa), from 15th day late registration fee USD 30$ (Rs 1800) will be charged by FRRO Office. Student has to register him/her self by using the link http://indianfrro.gov.in/frro
Yes, a registered student, who has completed graduation, can apply for visa extension to pursue a post graduate course from concerned FRRO/FRO cum Superintendent of Police provided he produces an authentic certificate from his/her institution. The Admission office of RATHINAM GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS helps the students in the registration process
Yes, on permission of undertaking a new course, a fresh visa fee is charged.
Yes, if it is a single entry visa and you return back home then you needs to apply for the fresh Visa at the Indian High Commission in your home country. Please ensure that you carry your transcript and your bonafide student certificate from the Institution before leaving, as this would be required and needs to be submitted at the time of visa application.


Scroll to Top